Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Our Program for April is Lace Bookmarks:

Alana has agreed to show all the ins and outs of knitted lace bookmarks. You may remember seeing one at the Holiday Exchange (in fact it changed hands a few times!) or our regular meeting a couple of months ago when she was showing two that she had knit from that ever so wonderful fiber Qiviut.

Here's our supply list and a message from Alana.

Supplies needed for lace bookmarks:
#2 needles
approx 30 yds laceweight yarn. (this is more than enough for one bookmark but I over estimate, nothing like getting part way through and running out!) If you don't have any yarn, don't run out and buy some, unless you want an excuse to get to the yarn store. :-) I have some leftover yarn from my shawls that I'll be bringing with me for anyone who wants/needs it. And to answer the question about where I got the "weightless" yarn to make the bookmarks I brought to show and share in February.... That was some laceweight qiviut I got for Christmas in a bookmark kit. I don't have any of that left, darn it!

**I would also like to send a reminder to those of us that have promised knit swatches to Lauri Katz. I'm sure she would like to get this project into it's next stage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home